It is Tycho Brahe’s birthday today (December 15th). While his importance in the history of science is secure, Tycho Brahe was no Copernican, as this diagram showing his non-heliocentric model of the solar system shows (it’s from his Wikipedia article, which is quite an interesting read in its entirety).
"The first rule is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." Anyone who even has scientific aspirations should always keep this Richard Feynman quote in mind. Its importance cannot be overstated.20 notes
Posted on Wednesday, 14 December
Tagged as: Tycho Brahe Richard Feynman Feynman science Don't fool yourself!
- ofmonstre reblogged this from notanothernerdsblog
- theamritsaini likes this
- thepoemthatdoesntrhyme likes this
- kreastiv likes this
- dreammason likes this
- slightlyundead reblogged this from ulaulaman and added:
- slightlyundead likes this
- peano likes this
- ulaulaman reblogged this from eyelovepi
- ulaulaman likes this
- eyelovepi reblogged this from notanothernerdsblog
- notanothernerdsblog posted this